Connect with us
What we do at Manchester
Audiology and Deafness
Playing a leading role in audiology education and healthcare
Excellent teaching and world-class research into intervention and treatment of psychotic disorders
Essential qualifications for professional psychologists, and postgraduate funding opportunities with the NWDTC
Speech and Language Therapy (SLT)
Training professionals to understand and improve the diagnosis, assessment and treatment of communication disorders
- Success for Manchester’s Academic Health Science Centre bid
Manchester’s aim to become a leading international centre for turning innovative research into improved health for people locally and globally has received a major boost.
- Patient and staff relationships improved through new intervention
Research into how people with a diagnosis of psychosis can be supported more effectively has shown that helping ward staff to think more psychologically about the reasons for a patient’s behaviour, can improve the staff-patient relationship.
- Hospital treatment for patients who self-harm in England is ‘as variable as ever’
Hospital management of patients who self-harm in England has barely changed in the past 10 years despite the introduction of clinical guidelines a new study shows.
- CMFT Christmas Lecture | The Stem Cell Revolution – teaching the embryo new tricks16:30 - 17:30 Monday 09 December 2013
'Host: Institute of Human Development
- Manchester Informatics Big Data Community Launch | Building the Big Data Community at Manchester09:00 - 17:00 Monday 09 December 2013
Host: Institute of Population Health
- BII Seminar | Image-based cerebrovascular modelling for advanced diagnosis and interventional planning13:00 - 14:15 Wednesday 11 December 2013
Host: Biomedical Imaging Institute