Taught master's courses
We offer a range of taught master's courses covering various areas of the psychological sciences.
Our courses will provide you with more than just a degree certificate. You'll acquire the specialist knowledge and practical skills that employers desire, whether you want to work in the field or in business.
- Advanced Audiology Studies (MSc/PGDip) [taught in partnership with the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work]
- Audiology (MSc)
- Clinical and Health Psychology (MSc)
- Deaf Education (MSc)
- Deaf Education (PGDip)
- Health Psychology (MSc)
- Neuroimaging for Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience (MSc)
- Psychology (MRes)
We also offer a Clinical Psychology (ClinPsyD) course for those who wish to train as clinical psychologists. This is a professional doctorate rather than a master's course.
The following related courses are also offered elsewhere in the Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences:
- Advanced Practice in Forensic Mental Health (MSc/PGDip) [formerly known as Forensic Mental Health]
- Advanced Professional Practice and Leadership (MSc) [aimed at allied healthcare professionals, including audiologists, speech and language therapists]
- Approved Mental Health Professional Practice (PGCert) [formerly known as Applied Mental Health (AMHP Training)]
- Forensic Psychology and Mental Health (MSc/PGDip)
"Manchester has excellent lecturers and opportunities, as well as divergent research interests."Eldre Beukes / PhD Researcher/Tutor at Anglia Ruskin University and Audiology MSc alumna
See why The University of Manchester is the best place to study for your master's degree.
Find out about our teaching and learning methods.
Learn about the support we offer to help you achieve your career goals after graduation.
Discover how our master's admissions process works.