Dr Paul Warren B.Sc. (Hons.), Ph.D.
- School Postgraduate Research Tutor
Perception and Action
Contour and shape; motion processing; optic flow; binocular vision; sensory integration; Bayesian vision; shape from texture; eye movements; extra-ocular mechanics and control
Human Judgement and Decision Making
Perception of randomness; Perceptual, perceptuo-motor and cognitive decision making under risk
Mathematical modelling for Psychology and Neuroscience; Models of human performance and behaviour
- PSYC10100: Research Methods & Statistics (Unit Leader)
- PSYC21012: Perception and Action
- PSYC31012: Landmark studies in Percetion
- PSYC30920: Final Year Research Project
- Cognitive Science module for Cognitive Brain Imaging MSc
PhD supervision (University of Manchester unless stated)
- Andreas Jarvstad (Cardiff Univerisity, School of Psychology) - completed 2012, ESRC funded
- Cassandra Rogers (Cardiff Univertsity, School of Psychology) - completed 2014, ESRC funded
- George Farmer - completed 2014, ESRC funded
- Daniel Poole - started 2011, ESRC funded
- Stephen Jachim - started 2011
Collaborators and affiliated staff
- Prof. Wael El-Deredy, School of Psychological Sciences, University of Machester, U.K.
- Dr. Andrew Foulkes, Dept. of Mathematics, Liverpool Hope University, U.K
- Prof. Tom Freeman, School of Psychology, Cardiff University, U.K.
- Dr. Eric Graf, Dept. of Psychology, University of Southampton, U.K.
- Prof. Ulrike Hahn, Dept. of Psychological Sciences, Birkbeck, University of London, U.K.
- Prof. Andrew Howes, School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham, U.K.
- Dr. Andreas Jarvstad, School of Experimental Psychology, University of Bristol, U.K.
- Prof. Laurence Maloney, Dept. of Psychology and Center for Neural Science, New York University, U.S.A.
- Prof. Simon Rushton, School of Psychology, Cardiff University, U.K.
- Dr. George Farmer, University of Cambridge, U.K.
Mcloughlin, N., Jachim, S., Warren, P. A., McLoughlin, N., & Gowen, E. (2015).Collinear facilitation and contour integration in autism: evidence for atypical visual integration. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 9, . DOI:10.3389/fnhum.2015.00115. Publication link: 2f1f3e93-1448-40f0-9880-1cd5bc5db733
Warren, P. A., Poole, D., Couth, S., Gowen, E., & Poliakoff, E. (2015).Adapting the crossmodal congruency task for measuring the limits of visual-tactile interactions within and between groups. Multisensory research. . Publication link: 2fc94d71-2847-42d4-a62a-2240977b900c
Warren, P., Bello, P. (Ed.), Guarani, M. (Ed.), McShane, M. (Ed.), & Scassellati, B. (Ed.) (2014).Assessing the “bias” in human randomness perception. In P. Bello, M. Guarani, M. McShane, & B. Scassellati (Eds.), Proceedings of the 36th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society. (pp. 3072-3077). Austin TX: Cognitive Science Society. . Publication link: b02e796f-e0a7-480a-96c6-3e2a3c53e6a9
Warren, P. A., Jarvstad, A. H., & U. Rushton, S. K. (2013).Perceptuo-motor, cognitive, and description-based decision-making seem equally good. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, 110(40), 16271-16276. . Publication link: 105701ea-fdd7-4f27-af27-2edebf1af96e
Warren, P. A., Graf, E. W., Champion, R. A., & Maloney, L. T. (2012).Visual extrapolation under risk: Human observers estimate and compensate for exogenous uncertainty. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 279(1736), 2171-2179. DOI:10.1098/rspb.2011.2527. Publication link: ae4793b6-7f49-4344-a733-d054f50450a4
Hahn, U., & Warren, P. A. (2010).Why three heads are a better bet than four: A Reply to Sun, Tweney and Wang (2009). Psychological Review, 117, 706-711. . Publication link: 15541e23-12f4-4435-83ff-d0a7a2882ec2